Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Peeps® Pressure ...

Who would've ever thought that I'd be up late at night, glue encrusting my fingers, ribbons and silk hanging off of everything, eyes red, and the voices in my brain repeating " ... and hats. Hats, hats, hats for career girls. " - and for this little bit of temporary insanity I have my friend Paul to thank. Ha!

Anyway, as I sit here picking the glue off of my finger tips and trying to type - it got me to thinking just how important traditions are and how empowering they can be. The simple tradition of procuring a new Easter Bonnet each year, then parading around town displaying it for everyone to marvel at, had to be a truly enabling event for the Victorian woman. Giving her back a "bit of her own" so to speak.

So today we continue the tradition. Parading around with pizazz and 'Fabulousness' for all the world to see - taking back a "bit of OUR own" ... and loving it.

Now with this year's theme revolving around "Peeps®", I couldn't help but to exhort their honor. Specially in St. Paul (coincidence ... hmmmmm!), MN where "Peeps®" have stepped up to support Easter and given the Easter Bunny a "bit of his/her own" back as well.

Please take a moment and review the news video below.


NewsVideo of Statue of Peeps® Protest in St. Paul, MN
http://www.wral.com/video/8341982/detail.html?taf=ral

2 Comments:

Blogger So Not Right said...

I must say that I am glad to hear that someone else is having to peel glue from their fingers late at night as they work tirelessly in the pursuit of easter decadance. Welcome to the club.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Mr Pants said...

Hell, I am gonna sling a barbie hat to my head and spray it with glitter. Voila, I am finished!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home